From: mikefapex <mikefa...@gmail.com>
Subject: [digitalradio] HOW TO- Packet Keyboard-to-Keyboard operation?
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, August 25, 2010, 2:47 PM

      Yes, I'm a packet newb. I just got my VHF packet system running
(817/Signalink USB/Laptop/AGW/PacTerm) and can connect to a couple of local
BBS.

But I would like to understand how to actually do a keyboard to keyboard  QSO
using packet. I assume this does NOT go through a BBS. I've ready about
'keyboard to' but cannot find actual instructions about how to actually go
about it. I have a willing friend ham on the other end that will work with me.

Eventually I'd like to incorporate PacLink and Thunderbird and make that same
keyboard-to-keyboard QSO using the Thunderbird Email client interface.

Thanks for any pointers, URLs, docs.

Mike