Mike...  You can also put your TNC in Converse mode.  This will allow you to
transmit "in the blind" like calling CQ or just announcing you are "Listening".
 There should be Converse mode for your TNC.          Good luck,   Joe  N3JNX

To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
From: mikefa...@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:47:07 +0000
Subject: [digitalradio] HOW TO- Packet Keyboard-to-Keyboard operation?

Yes, I'm a packet newb. I just got my VHF packet system running (817/Signalink
USB/Laptop/AGW/PacTerm) and can connect to a couple of local BBS.

But I would like to understand how to actually do a keyboard to keyboard QSO
using packet. I assume this does NOT go through a BBS. I've ready about
'keyboard to' but cannot find actual instructions about how to actually go
about it. I have a willing friend ham on the other end that will work with me.

Eventually I'd like to incorporate PacLink and Thunderbird and make that same
keyboard-to-keyboard QSO using the Thunderbird Email client interface.

Thanks for any pointers, URLs, docs.

Mike