From: Ian Wade G3NRW
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 5:51 AM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] Weebly-warbly on 80m?

Listening this morning (Monday) in the UK on 3633 kHz at around 0300
UTC, I heard a strange weebly-warbly digital signal that continued for
at least 15 minutes without a break (then it sent me to sleep).

The striking characteristic of the signal was that the data rate was
very low (a few bits per second?), and the transition between the tones
wasn't sharp -- it seemed as if each tone glided gracefully up/down to
the next.

At first I thought it was ROS, but I haven't heard ROS like this before.

Any ideas on provenance?

--
73
Ian, G3NRW