No there isn’t. Right now Docker-box is optimized for local development and
exists outside of the main repository, and for now I’d suggest not trying to
integrate it. That can be some future work though!

Regarding services vs apt, docker services is the only realistic way to do it.
We cannot rely on all versions of every database we run to be packaged,
installable and configurable in Ubuntu in a timely + simple manner, and it will
quickly become a mess (different configurations between different versions for
example).

Just supplying a matrix of database versions that pull and start stock database
images via “services” is simple and effective. This is basically how docker-box
works. Postgis is annoying, but we publish a docker image as part of docker-box
that we can use.

Tom