> in our views. It seems that this call ist not thread safe. Because it is
> several weeks (or month) ago that we had this problem, I just wonted to
> ask, if it is known.

No, it is not thread safe.  This is because both the GEOS and GDAL
libraries are not thread safe.  While those development teams are
working on making the libraries thread safe, they are not at this
time.  Thus, do not use threads when deploying (e.g., no worker
Apache, or using threads via FastCGI).

Regards,
-Justin