In article <cd84a9c5-db98-45c9-bca1-281acfb38...@beta.fastmail.com> you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>My 2 cents, if we are validating an email then the services MUST cover email,
>either by including '*' or 'email'. Regardless of what
>attachments that email contains.
>
>RFC8460 appears to conflict with 6376 in this regard, and with that
in mind 8460 should be updated to suggest s=email:tlsrpt or s=*

Or it could have separate signatures, one for the MTA with s=email and one
for the mtasts consumer with s=tlsrpt.

I honestly do not understand what problem the s=tlsrpt signature is
supposed to solve.  It can't have anything to do with authentication
or security, since the alternative HTTPS transport has neither.  As
far as I can tell, to the extent anyone implements s=tlsrpt
signatures, they just make it an alias for s=email with no opportunity
for validators to choose.

I'm inclined to submit an erratum and say the s=tlsrpt signature language
was a mistake.

R's,
John