We still see some rate limiting rejections on our RUA address, though a
very low percentage.  Seems most sites generate their reports on likely
"midnight" boundaries, so the result is definitely similar to a very sharp
but not long lasting DDOS.  It's large enough that it skips right to the
perm reject for some of the excess.  Completely whitelisting anything is
never wise, at the least these things do compete with the regular email
load that one might consider more important than these reports.  Increasing
the allowed rate has been done multiple times, but apparently it's
exceeding the last attempt yet again.

And honestly, I never expected anyone would care about the bounces or would
really pay attention to them.  A small fraction of reports missing is
unlikely to change the information we derive from them, especially as the
"who" we bounce probably changes from day to day.

Brandon