On Fri, 31 Dec 2021, su...@banbreach.com wrote:
By planned changes, are you referring to draft-ietf-dmarc-dmarcbis-04?

Yes.

When you say this is not a bug, do you mean "this is not a bug in the RFC" or
"this is not a bug in the
dmarc checker tool"?

No. I mean that it is not a bug that it will blur the distinction between org domain and PSD.

From what you've said, it sounds like some of the checkers are buggy, or
at least reporting sloppily. The one that said a record was "empty" when in fact it did not exist sounds like sloppy coding to me.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY