On Friday, December 31, 2021 04:33 IST, Scott Kitterman via dmarc-discuss
<dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, December 30, 2021 3:24:43 PM EST su...@banbreach.com via dmarc-
> discuss wrote:
> > On Friday, December 31, 2021 00:05 IST, Scott Kitterman via dmarc-discuss
> <dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org> wrote:
> > > On Thursday, December 30, 2021 1:02:33 PM EST su...@banbreach.com via
> > > dmarc->

> > > It does not.  RFC 9091 does.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > 1. Since gov.in is not part of the PSD DMARC test group, what is the correct
> > interpretation of the gov.in DMARC record?
> >

> Per RFC 9091, since gov.in isn't listed in one of the registries, the record
> would not be used.  Those can be updated, so that's not necessarily going to
> stay that way.  Also, as John Levine mentioned, in the update that we have in
> progress in the working group, the record would be used.

Is there a (command-line, perhaps) tool that I can use to test a domain for
conformance with RFC 7489, 9091 and potentially the ones under active
development? I would like to be able to query like so:

osx:~ test$ check_dmarc gov.in
[strict] RFC 7489
[no] RFC 9091
[no] dmarc-bis
osx:~ test$ check_dmarc gov
[strict] RFC 7489
[yes] RFC 9091
[no] dmarc-bis
osx:~ test$ check_dmarc foobar
not a PSD
osx:~ test$ check_dmarc foobar.gov
[no] RFC 7489
[yes] RFC 9091 <via PSO>

The following caught my eye, but I don't think they have tree walk implemented.
<https://github.com/cisagov/trustymail>.

Most other command line tools available on github seem to be limited to
RFC 7489.

Regards,
Suman