The issue has been going on for as long as I can remember since configuring DMARC and it has even been mentioned on this very mailing list (at least in July 2021). Since Google offer no way to contact an actual person about things that aren't their directly offered services, perhaps I can reach the engineers signed up for this mailing list this way instead.

Every time I receive a DMARC report from Google it's always either 1 or 3 copies of the exact same report. When there are 3, these are the timestamps from the final 'Received' headers:
* Sun, 12 Jun 2022 11:46:09 +0200 (CEST)
* Sun, 12 Jun 2022 11:48:28 +0200 (CEST)
* Sun, 12 Jun 2022 11:49:29 +0200 (CEST)

The 'Date' header is always "Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:59:59 -0700" though, which translates to "Sun, 12 Jun 2022 01:59:59 +0200". Not sure where the other 10 hours went but I don't think it's really relevant, even when properly receiving only 1 report this discrepancy still exists. It almost looks like Google's reporter doesn't always detect successful delivery and does up to 3 tries. I also noticed that all reports are sent by different servers on Google's end, so perhaps the report is queued on multiple servers simultaneously but it doesn't always get unqueued when the report has already been succesfully delivered.

Could anyone from Google look into this? Sure, I could filter out duplicates on my end but that only really masks the problem. Other people also may not have as much flexibility; with certain email providers you may only be able to filter dupes *after* they've already reached the mailbox. Plus, routinely sending 3x as much email than necessary (or more) doesn't seem particularly "healthy", since evidently I'm not the only one. =]