Doug,

You might want review Doug Otis’s TPA (Third Party Authorization).  It has a
higher scale method.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-otis-dkim-tpa-ssp/

Abstract

TPA-label is a DNS-based prefix mechanism for DKIM policy records as a means to
authorize Third-Party domains. This mechanism allows first-party domains to
autonomously authorize a range of third-party domains in a scalable, individual
DNS transaction. This authorization extends the scope of DKIM policy assertions
to supplant more difficult to administer mechanisms. Alternatives for
facilitating third-party authorizations currently necessitate the coordination
between two or more domains by setting up selector/key DNS records, DNS zone
delegations, or the regular exchange of public/ private keys. Checking DKIM
policies may occur when a From header email-address is not within the domain of
a valid DKIM signature. When a Third-Party signature is found, TPA-labels offer
an efficient means for email address domains to authorize specific third-party
signing domains. The scope of the authorization may separately assert identity
authentication for From and Sender and Resent-* headers for email- addresses
within the authorizing domain. Identity authentication can be asserted by the
scope of the authorization, even when signed by a Third-Party domain. In
addition, the RFC2821.MailFrom domain can authorize domains for controlling
DSNs.

—
HLS