> On Apr 21, 2023, at 2:14 PM, Douglas Foster
> <dougfoster.emailstanda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can it provide a user-to-domain authentication solution?

Unless I am not following you, DKIM inherently provides "user-to-domain"
authentication by hash binding the 5322 From: and To: headers.

> That is what mailing lists need and that is what mailbox provider clients
> need.  These use cases are pretty fundamental to our objective of getting
> mail authenticated without causing damage

A mailing list is a 1 to Many distribution.  Legacy mail integrity lost was a
normal practice for a list system, i.e, footers. Well, technically no.  For
DKIM, if you used the l= content length tag and did not change the subject
line, the original signature could survive.

GMAIL could easily provide a box for their users that authorized signers and
MTAs.  Come inbound time, it can check for the authorize the MTA and 3rd party
signer.

What I am missing, Google boys? <g>

—
HLS