A small follow up about my DMARC view:

> On Jun 30, 2023, at 4:02 PM, Hector Santos
> <hsantos=40isdg....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:
>
> Overall, imo, it is never a good idea to exerted changes on domains with bis
> specs, requiring them to change their current DMARC record to reinforce the
> security level they want using SPF in DMARC evaluation.

I don’t want surprises. Higher support cost.   But is DMARC that “messed up?”
I mean, just like ADSP, it is abandonment material, honestly, easy.

But DMARC is big and it did one thing for the mail industry — the Lookup added
to the SMTP process.  Moat SMTP receivers will do the the _dmarc.from-domain
lookup.

DMARC is the #1 lookup record for this purpose,  a DKIM Policy Model.

We said very early on that but will take a while to get traction for a DKIM
Policy model where lookups come with a good payoff, otherwise it is just wasted
calls.

Let’s leverage the lookup using a protocol language for a wide security
coverage that offers dynamic rejection to clean the mail stream before passing
it to local proprietary reputation databases.

Happy July 4th, Be safe.

—
HLS