To summarize this thread, I see three nits, all of which have been added to
issue 133:

1. Section 5.4, Formal Definition, reword the comments for dmarc-uri to be:

            ; "URI" is imported from [RFC3986];
            ; commas (ASCII 0x2C) and exclamation
            ; points (ASCII 0x21) MUST be
            ; encoded

2. Section 5.4, update the ABNF for dmarc-value to be "%x20-3A /
%x3C-7E" (there is currently a vertical bar/pipe where the forward
slash should be)

3. Section 5.3., General Record Format, update the description of the
'd' and 's' values for the 'fo' tag. They currently begin with
"Generate a DKIM failure report"/"Generate an SPF failure report",
respectively, and both should instead begin with "Generate a DMARC
failure report".

Please confirm/discuss further.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 10:17 PM Neil Anuskiewicz <neil=
40marmot-tech....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2024, at 7:33 PM, OLIVIER HUREAU <
> olivier.hur...@univ-grenoble-alpes.fr> wrote:
>

> >> dmarc-version = "v" equals %s"DMARC1
> > I believe the "%s" should be dropped
>
> 'DMARC1' is case-sensitive in 7489.
> Either we keep the "%s" or we go back to 7489 version : "%x44 %x4d %x41
> %x52 %x43 %x31"
>
> > I think it should be %x20-3A /  %x3C-7E
> Agreed.
>
> I would also add comment about the dmarc-fo ABNF :
>
> dmarc-fo  = "0" / "1" / "d" / "s" / "d:s" / "s:d"
>
> The FO paragraph (
> https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dmarc-dmarcbis-30.html#name-general-record-format)
> explicitly states that there exist 3 kinds of failure reports :
> - DMARC failure report.
> - DKIM failure report.
> - SPF failure report.
>
> However, with the current ABNF, we could only ask for "DMARC failure
> report" or ("DKIM failure report" and/or "SPF failure report")
>
> Shouldn't we have an ANBF rule with all the possible permutations or a
> more generic one such as :
>
> dmarc-fo = dmarc-fo-value *(":" dmarc-fo-value)
> dmarc-fo-value = "0" / "1" / "d" / "s"
>

> Olivier
>
> ------------------------------

Todd Herr | Technical Director, Standards & Ecosystem
Email: todd.h...@valimail.com
Phone: 703-220-4153

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.