Hi,

Dovecot 2.3.1 (8e2f634). Could not get Dovecot to forward the (plain)
authentication to the SMTP server using submission. Reason why I need it is
sender spoofing (do not want my employees to send messages in behalf of me).

In exim I can disable sender spoofing with the authenticated user. When sending
through dovecot, exim either does not accept the email (need auth) or relay
every sender address (because relaying from localhost).

Am I missing a setting or do I need any additional field in the (MySQL)
user_query/password_query to forward the password?

You can find my config here:

https://gist.github.com/lluuaapp/7daddf761131da47237b0f45e6bab5a8

Thanks,
Paul