Hi,

Anyone know how to enable this SMTP AUTH feature with Postfix?

Regards,

Jacky

On 7/4/2018 3:40 AM, Paul Hecker wrote:
Hi,

On 6. Apr 2018, at 18:58, Odhiambo Washington <odhia...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Paul,

Care to share your config (even OFFLIST) that has successfully integrated
Dovecot Submission service with Exim??
here the steps I have done to integrate Dovecot submission in Exim:

- Create and set the acl_smtp_mailauth ACL:

acl_smtp_mailauth = acl_check_mailauth

acl_check_mailauth:
   accept
     hosts          = <; 127.0.0.1 ; ::1
     condition      = ${if eq{$interface_port}{10025}}
     log_message    = Will accept MAIL AUTH parameter for $authenticated_sender
deny

- add a deny fo all connections to 10025 without MAIL AUTH parameter in
acl_smtp_mail ACL:

   deny
     condition      = ${if eq{$interface_port}{10025}}
     condition      = ${if eq{$authenticated_sender}{}}
     message        = All connections on port $interface_port need MAIL AUTH
sender

- in Dovecot, add the following submission parameters

submission_relay_port = 10025
submission_relay_ssl = starttls
submission_relay_ssl_verify = no

All the remaining parts of the Dovecot config is the default for submission
protocol/service, copied either from the sources (default config) or from here:

https://wiki.dovecot.org/Submission

Feel free is you have any further questions.

Regards,
Paul

I use Exim+Dovecot (Exim4U) and wouldn't mind exploring this.

Thanks in advance.