> On 27/09/2023 12:03 EEST martin f krafft via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org>
> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> I am running Dovcecot 2.3.19 on Debian, and I am trying to get
> shared to work.
>
> It's working if I do this:
>
> ```
> namespace {
>    type = shared
>    separator = /
>    prefix = Team/%%u/
>    location =
> maildir:%%h/Maildir:INDEX=%h/Maildir/Team/%%u:INDEXPVT=%h/Maildir/Team/%%u
>    subscriptions = no
>    list = children
> }
> ```
>
> After setting some ACLs, I now have the following in `LIST` output:
>
> ```
> …
> . LIST "" *
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" INBOX
> […]
> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" Team/rechnungseing...@example.org
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Team/rechnungseing...@example.org/Archiv
> bearbeitete Rechnungen"
> . OK List completed (0.003 + 0.000 + 0.007 secs).
> ```
>
> However, since I am using Maildir, the default separator is `.`, and
> so I have to change the separator for the `inbox` namespace, which
> makes me feel uneasy. The system still uses `.dotted.notation` on
> the filesystem despite the namespace change, and subfolders and all
> still work, but it still rubs me the wrong way to do this.
>
> And yet, when I try to use `.` like this:
>
> ```
>    separator = .
>    prefix = Team.%%u.
>    location =
> maildir:%%h/Maildir:INDEX=%h/Maildir/.Team,%%u:INDEXPVT=%h/Maildir/.Team.%%u
> ```
>
> then nothing shows up in `LIST` output. Any idea why this might be?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> martin krafft | https://matrix.to/#/#madduck:madduck.net
Hi!

The physical (file system) separator and hierachy separator are not related.
You can safely change the hierarchy separator to / .

There is nothing wrong about this.

The shared namespace should have list=children, and you will not see anything
by default, unless you have acl_shared_dict and have actually shared a folder.

Aki