The change is also by putting a delay in the connection close it is
going to work against you.
Suppose this happens constantly, will you be able to make a valid connection ?

I use a different approach, allow only a fix src ip access and drop
any other connection.
You can do that with iptables, so dropbear gets only connection
request from valid ip's

Hans