Hello,

I'm building dropbear using the buildroot tool, for a SmartFusion2 Cortex-M3
with no MMU.

I find in the config file for dropbear on buildroot:
  ./buildroot/package/dropbear/dropbear.mk

    ifeq ($(BR2_USE_MMU),y)
    define DROPBEAR_INSTALL_INIT_SYSV
        $(INSTALL) -D -m 755 package/dropbear/S50dropbear \
            $(TARGET_DIR)/etc/init.d/S50dropbear
    endef
    else
    define DROPBEAR_DISABLE_STANDALONE
        echo '#define NON_INETD_MODE 0'                 >> $(@D)/localoptions.h
    endef
    DROPBEAR_POST_EXTRACT_HOOKS += DROPBEAR_DISABLE_STANDALONE
    endif

Which disables the standalone NON_INETD_MODE.

In searching through the history of the buildroot git repository, this change
seems to have been introduced in about 2013.

I've run across a number of other references since that timeframe that indicate
that dropbear can run on no-MMU platforms using uClibc.

Searching hasn't really led to a conclusive answer. So, could you please
confirm:

Can dropbear run as a listening service on Cortex-M3 with no-MMU?

Are there patches that can enable this?

Sorry if I'm asking a question that I should have been able to find an answer
to.

Thank You for your reply...

John A
dropb...@johnea.net