I have a OpenSSH server configured with an rsa host key. Connection
from dropbear works well, with a confirmed rsa hostkey in
.ssh/known_hosts

When I add a ed25519 hostkey to the server, dropbear will only connect
after I add the new hostkey and no longer automatically uses the known
rsa key

An openSSH client connecting to the same server does what I think is
the right thing, which is to connect based on the existing known rsa
key.

Might it be possible to proceed with the dropbear connection if any of
the servers host keys match a row in .ssh/known_hosts?

Thanks for considering this, and for all the hard work you have put
into dropbear.

# ----------- .ssh/known_hosts
192.168.1.206 ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2[…]omJiX3zL1PM=

root@rfr:~/.ssh# ssh rb@192.168.1.206
Host '192.168.1.206' is not in the trusted hosts file.
(ssh-ed25519 fingerprint SHA256:PhSo5SQMU0SB3X6He77v3BrVC/UUARSCe2vfeak4d+s)
Do you want to continue connecting? (y/n) ^C

root@rfr:~/.ssh# ssh -V
Dropbear v2022.82