Hey Matt!

Thanks for the reply.  I *JUST* got it to work.  Keep in mind, I am not a
programmer by any stretch of the term.  I couldn’t get it to compile with
Compaq C.  First, it was looking for stdint.h which is not part of Compaq C.
You can sometimes get around this by creating a stdint.h with #include
<inttypes.h> as long as what the compiler is looking for is part of inttypes.h.
 In this case, that wasn’t enough.  The linker kept looking for two/three
“objects/libraries?” that are not part of Compaq C, at least I don’t think they
are or maybe I need to add some additional flags to find them...

Ld:
Unresolved:
__bswapsi2
__bswapdi2
__udivti3
__multi3

GCC 4.7.4 was able to compile it after I made a change to two .c files to
change the references from nanosleep to usleep.  From what I can tell,
nanosleep is not part of the time.h that is on Alpha and it seems like the GCC
install simply copied the time.h that is already present on the system.
In svr-auth.c I also had to change the usleep(&delay, &delay) to a static
value,  I picked usleep(10000).

The two .c files that I had to edit for nanosleep are:
svr-auth.c
scp.c

I had to change tomcrypt_cfg.h as it doesn’t understand the endianness of
Alpha.

Changes to tomcrypt_cfg.h:
#error Cannot detect endianness
Became:
#define ENDIAN_LITTLE

The Makefile needed a small change to allow the install to work, the install
command that is in Tru64 isn’t good enough so I am using the GNU install:
INSTALL=install
Became:
INSTALL=/usr/local/bin/install

I compiled with:
env cc=/usr/local/gcc474/bin/gcc ./configure —with-zlib=/usr/local
gmake

If you have a suggestion for a better way to accomplish what I have changed, or
if it shouldn’t have been necessary please let me know.
Thanks again!
-M