Hi,

The problem may be that you forgot to change the "dspace.ui.url" setting
(on the backend) to include the domain name.  When changing the URLs (from
IP to hostname), you have to ensure you update the URL settings in the
backend's "local.cfg" (both "dspace.server.url" and "dspace.ui.url") and
the frontend's "config.*.yml" (especially the "rest" section here).

If that's not the problem, then I'd recommend following our Troubleshooting
guide to find the error *behind* that 500 exception.  A 500 exception can
be thrown for a variety of reasons, so we'd need to determine the exact
reason why it's thrown in this scenario.  So, follow the troubleshooting
guide to see if there are other errors in the UI or backend logs which
provide more
info:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

Tim