On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 6:24 AM <j...@kk9a.com> wrote:

> I know that your post said to ignore the transmissions but why is it
> so bad?

1500W.  Shack is right below the antenna.  Analog connection to microHAM
MK2R+ sound card (others have commented they had similar problems keeping
RF out of this device).

Like many I listened before reading the text and wondering
> why I was having problems copying what was sent.

Radio was in full QSK mode.  The K4 QSK is much faster than the K3, so you
hear much more band noise between elements.  Sidetone volume was low.  Band
noise was high.

> Any recordings the I  have made with a K3S using either a Sony DVR or a
> computer have been
> quite clear. Is there RFI on your SSB transmissions?

No RFI into the radio, just into the recording device.  Recordings made by
the radio's sound card will have no RFI issues.  But SO2R recordings
require an external sound card.

73,
Bob, N6TV