Bill,

Before it can be "fixed" in the K4, the logging software has to be fixed to
send the proper KY command.  If it is sending KY<blank>*somes-string*;,
then the messages are not going to be chained.  If it is sending KYW
*some-string*;, then the messages should be properly chained, perhaps with
a very brief pause in between if 0x04 (Ctrl-D, ^D or EOT -- ASCII End of
Transmission character) is appended at the very end of a each chained
message, before the terminating semicolon.  The "W" means "wait for message
completion," as documented in the K3 Programming Manual.

However, once a message sent via KYW starts, you will not be able to
interrupt the transmission by pressing "Escape" or sending an "RX;"
command.  The RX; won't be processed until the message completes, which
isn't very helpful.

Maybe *that* will be addressed (somehow) in the K4.

In sum, if you need chaining more than you need message interrupt
capability, use KYW in your macros.  If you need message interrupt
capability more than you need chaining, use KY<blank>.  If you need both,
maybe you'll have to "wait" (sorry) to see if the K4 team comes up with
some way to interrupt chained messages already in progress via a special
"high priority" software command or key tap.

73,
Bob, N6TV