OTOH, if you change Radio type from K3 to BCD, and have set the K3
menu *CONFIG:PWR-SET
*to *PER-BAND*, the K3 will no longer be able to recognize when a KPA500 or
KPA1500 is switched from STBY to OPER, so there will effectively be just
one fixed drive power setting stored per band, instead of two power
settings (one for amp in OPER and a second for amp in STBY).

73,
Bob, N6TV