"I just ordered the KPA500/KAT500 combo and W2 watt meter for my K3S. Should I
use the key line interrupt connected to the W2 watt meter or should I connect
the key line interrupt to the KAT500? Do I even need to use key line interrupt
with the K line set up?"

Why would it hurt to have multiple ways to inhibit KPA500 keying?  I run a
Kenwood rig so no AUXBus control but my KPA500 key line passes through my
LP-100A and through a SteppIR inhibit circuit.  Both can open the key line. In
addition my station controller can assert KAT500 key inhibit by serial command.

KAT500 key line inhibited is my default condition.  I only allow the key line
to be enabled if several critical checks have passed. (e.g. KAT500 frequency,
KPA500 band selection, Kenwood drive power setting.)

I'll do anything I can to avoid being on the list of people who fried their
KPA500.  I can fix stuff but I'd prefer to chase DX.

73,
Andy, k3wyc