* Elecraft has no control in how one sets up (or uses) a station.
 * A remote station needs all of the same protection enjoyed by any
   other station; they are the same except one is used remotely.

On the last premise; set up the remote station as if it were any other station; RFI and noise mitigation, generator back up power, UPS, lightning protection*; GROUNDING AND BONDING, heating and (!) cooling (!); again just like any station should appear and operate (even if it's stuffed into a closet).

The power supply system should provide for continuous power to the network too.  It's MORE important if the station is intended for remote ops.  The control operator (local or remote) is required to have FULL control over the station operations; plan for worst case events that would affect that; loss of network is a key consideration for remote use.

[I have a lot of UPS, one per mesh node included, for the approx one minute until the generator switches in upon power failure and one  UPS per computer power source to keep the services I provide, online.  Simply because Starlink and the network takes over ten minutes to re-establish with a power loss.  That's a long key down time!]

It is up to the USER (remote in particular) to operate the station (remote or local) in a way that does not cause harm (on the air or through ab/use).  This means small things like making sure the transmitter is not locked on (CW key down, FSK transmit) in the event of a network fail so it cannot be unkeyed (use of VOX or macros and memory use for sending non-phone message strings)

That's nothing new.  A remote station, is just another station with the same needs and planning as any other station; except the goal is to use it remotely and the ability to control it at all times during use.

73,
Rick nk7i

* Lightning protection how-to or discussion is beyond the scope of this group, but EVERY STATION should have a system in place WITH grounding and bonding of every item in the shack, includes every wire that enters the building (cable TV, phone, power, DSL) or that sticks into the air for radio (tower/mast, sat dishes, antennas).

Even if the station location rarely has lightning.  Properly done, the protection system would also help static buildup, from rain, wind, snow, dust or any other cause.  Static discharge cause is more than lightning and can also damage (or destroy) equipment.

Even then, a direct hit may not save the station but it will show what was NOT properly taken care of, what was missed in the protection system.

In some cases, it can even lower the noise floor (MAY, not will).