In our experience purchasers/compliance officers in large retail organisations
expect to explicitly see the RoHS amendment listed in the DoC text as per Mike
writes below, because this ticks their box that the product has addressed the
additional four substances the amendment was concerned with.  They may also
want it to say ‘RoHS 3’ in the DoC and supporting documentation (technical
file) too.

Hence a triumph of commercial requirements/persons with clipboards(!) to use
colloquial terms and extra words over the actual obligation.  I gave up arguing
and just did what they wanted, path of least resistance and all that!

Have had some other run ins with some retailers on some other things too that
weren’t relevant to the product in question, but they wanted it declared none
the less.  I won that one though 😊  A story for my book for whenever I get to
retirement age (probably never because the UK will be broke by then but I
digress!)

Matthew Wilson,
GB Electronics (UK) Ltd.

Matthew WilsonMIET
Technical Director
GB Electronics (UK) Ltd
matthew.wil...@gbelectronics.com
www.gbelectronics.com
+44 (0) 1903 244 500
Ascot House|Mulberry Close|Woods Way
Goring-by-Sea|West Sussex|BN12 4QY|UK
Certificate Number 10455
​ISO 9001, ISO 14001
Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed.
​If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system, do
not use or disclose the information in any way and notify the sender
immediately.
​The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the
views of the company, unless specifically stated.
​
​GB Electronics (UK) Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales under
number 06210991.
​Registered office: Ascot House Mulberry Close, Woods Way, Goring By Sea, West
Sussex, BN12 4QY.