1.  Clearances for US Safety:   I'd cite the relevant standards, but they are
so alike (identical Clearance tables), and so alike to UL 508, I'll defer.
Here's the question: When citing clearance spacing from "uninsulated live
components"  does one measure from the edge of a PCB to the enclosure well, or
only from the live components, like a pad, or the bottom pin of a thru-hole
cap?1a.  what sort of passivation or RTV could make those live components not
"uninsulated"? 2.  Slots to increase creepage for high-voltage components A FET
that's rated for say 600V does not have to follow PCB-creepage rules for 600V,
is clearly stated places like UL 1741, ยง26.1.1 exception #8.  For other
components, like say 1000V caps in 0805 packages or FET driver chips the
requirements aren't as clear.  Is a slot needed to maintain creepage or not if
the component is properly rated?  It does appear from a TI support page for
dual-bridge converters, that slots are recommended in order to prevent
contamination that may compromise the components isolation performance. My gut
says:  no, slots are not needed between component terminals on a PCB, but could
be recommended for sensitive parts, like FET drivers. Thoughts?  Colorado Brian

EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG

https://www.mail-archive.com/emc-pstc@listserv.ieee.org/

Website:  https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/
Instructions:  https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/list.html (including how to