Friends,

I am in the process of refreshing a CNC that has been running in "temporary
state" the last 12 years, time to give it an overhaul. I've found the magic
little piece we all call 7i96. It will do magic.

The servo drives have been running flawlessly and the plan is to keep them.
They have a neat error/reset feature via two pins and the old parallel port
BOB supports it. If one drive or an emergency stop is triggering the stop
pin, all drives will be halted by the BOB.
The manual for the drive says:

*Error line is pin number 6 in the Main connector and is a dual purpose, bi
directional line.This pin is ‘active low’, meaning that the line is
normally high indicating no problems andnormal operation. The drive will
stop if this pin is pulled low (grounded) by one of thesesources:EXTERNAL
activation; The line can be pulled low by an external source (CNCsoftware,
E-stop, etc). .... INTERNAL activation; The line is pulled low by the drive
itself due to a faultcondition.*

Am I totally off the chart if I wire all the drives' pin number 6 together
and connect them to one of the inputs on the 7i96 and get it to stop the
program with a big alert? And maybe add a mechanical switch shortcutting to
ground for those panic moments?
If I am not totally stupid, what would the Mesa pin config look like?

All the best,
Sven