Den ons 9 dec. 2020 kl 02:27 skrev Gregg Eshelman via Emc-users <
emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>:

> The way to wire an emergency stop circuit with 2 or more things that can
> trigger it, is to have it a normally closed circuit and every stop switch,
> mechanical or electronic, in series.
> That way when anything triggers a stop it opens the circuit, the
> controller senses that and stops sending motion commands, shuts off the
> spindle(s), pump(s) etc.
> What does this controller mean by "high" if "low" is grounded? If "high"
> is open circuit then you should be able to connect every fault sensor and a
> normally open E-Stop button in parallel. You'll also need to have the new
> control hardware and software able to be set to use a closed circuit
> instead of open circuit as the E-Stop condition.
>    If "high" is something other than open circuit then things get more
> complicated. One may curse the engineer(s) who thought that making things
> more complex than open or closed was a neat idea. ;)
> A NC E-Stop circuit is quite fail safe because if a switch fails or a wire
> breaks, the circuit goes open and the machine stops. If a wire breaks in a
> NO circuit then the E-Stop button or sensor the broken wire goes to cannot
> initiate a stop.

  > On Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 04:19:16 PM MST, Sven Wesley <
> svenne.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   > Friends,
>   >
>   > I am in the process of refreshing a CNC that has been running in
> "temporary
>   > state" the last 12 years, time to give it an overhaul. I've found the
> magic
>   > little piece we all call 7i96. It will do magic.

But this isn't an E-stop circuit though, it's an error signal from the
drive that can/should be reacted upon. It makes total sense to have an
active low on such wire. If the drive dies completely the signal will
disappear as well.

Regards,
Sven