About a year ago, we upgraded our Core to an S4 and it has worked
beautifully. It handles all of our routing and we have not encountered
any issues with it. Our edge has a mix of G3's and E1's. I could not
imagine having the routing occur at the edge switches; it seems like
more work for little gain. I feel, that for our scenario it works well
having the core do all the work. Even with all of those subnets and
devices, I think that routing at the core will be the best option.

Patrick Printz
Network Services

Quinsigamond Community College
670 West Boylston Street
Worcester, MA 01606-2092
w. 508-854-7517
c. 508-726-9529

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu