Hi,

we are using NLB for several servers, too. I hate NLB, but there was no other solution available.

What we did:
We used multicast NLB with static arp entries. For each server we defined a small subnet (/28 or /29, respectively), containing router addresses, physical interface IPs and the service IP (each service ip is requiring a static arp entry on the router). For each subnet we defined a VLAN and as new switch ports as possible.

With this implementation we reduced flooding, since only some few switches and a very small broadcast domain where involved.

Kind regards
Reinhard