On 4 Nov 2021 at 11:52, David Nelson via EV wrote:

> I don't know where to source a 40kWh (note it is not kw, but kWh,
> kilowatt-hour) battery for a Leaf

Yup.  KW measures the battery's ability to deliver power, not its energy
storage capacity.

But who knows?  Maybe some Leaf owners really DO want 40kW batteries.

After accounting for efficiency, a 40kW battery would give a Leaf roughly
the power of a 1961 VW Beetle, in a car that weighs over twice as much - and
doesn't have a 4-speed transmission for torque multiplication.

Thirty or 40 years ago, 40kW was a typical small-car conversion - 96 volts
with a 400 amp controller.  A 2500lb car with a forklift motor bolted to the
stock 4- or 5-speed transmission could usually manage a top speed of around
65mph, if you were prepared to give it the better part of a minute and
didn't have too much of a headwind.

In a 3400lb car with a single-gear transaxle, things might be a bit more
dicey.  But maybe the OP is up to the challenge. :-)

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did.
     I said I didn't know.

                                                -- Mark Twain