Guilty... I'm one of those "slow" drivers that generally drives at (or below)
the speed limit. I often follow trucks at night or in bad weather, so I'm not
the one that hits the deer or something else in the road that I can't see.

FSD is technically impressive; but I wonder about the unintended consequences.

- When people started using calculators, they could no longer do math in their
heads.
- When they started depending on spell checkers, they stopped learning how to
spell.
- When they depend on their cellphone for everything, they can't remember phone
numbers or addresses.
- Features like antilock brakes and traction control already mean that most
people can't drive in poor traction conditions without  it.

So, will all the features of FSD wind up "un-teaching" people how to drive?
I.e. as the cars gets better, will the drivers get *worse*?

Lee
--
Excellence does not require perfection. -- Henry James
--

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/