On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 18:19 +1000, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
> Of particular interest, given the marketing priorities we've
> identified for OOo2.3, is this:
>
> "... newly added for SCALE 6X is a Friday conference on
> education: “Open Source in Education” which focuses on
> opportunities for Open Source in the field of education."

Not sure about the US, but Open Source in education here in the UK is
getting a higher and higher political profile. Some of this is down to
Moodle. Moodle introduces teachers to Open Source so targeting Moodle
users with OOo would be likely to get some traction. Maybe someone could
find out about Moodle take up in US schools and use this as an in to
spread Open Source wider.

Ian
--
New QCA Accredited IT Qualifications