On Monday 17 November 2003 02:00 pm, Ricardo (Tru64 User) wrote:
> OK, the consesus seems to be buying Mandrake Club
> membership, and most ppl prefer the download edition.
> (mandrake, maybe dont spend too much time making all
> those other editions...)
>
> I am just hoping Mandrake wont drop the ball on the
> downloaded edition, and stop offering updates, like
> Redhat did (kind-off)...thus only supporting the "paid
> for" editions.
>
> Thanks all for the quick replies.....I got my three
> CD's downloaded in under 40mins over the weekend.
> Suprisingly, the "chelo" site in Switzerland is
> amazingly faster than all other many other mirrors I
> have used located in the US....I being located in the
> US! Something speedy about transatlantic cables?

All the disk sets are based off of the same distribution tree, so no matter
what disk set you install from, all the updates apply.  The differences are
usually in the level of support and the options available at install time.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx