Hi, I'm Nattes living in Geneva, Switzerland. I am half French and half
British, and  currently working at the University of Geneva in a service
dedicated to dual careers in order to facilitate retention of women academics
and researchers.

I made my first steps in the free software movement by setting up workshops to
teach women how to contribute to Wikipedia during a mandate I had from the
University's Diversity and Inclusion office. I still teach this in a 4 year
assignment at the Gender Studies department financed by the Swiss National
Science Foundation.

I am very passionate about issues concerning the gender gap and promoting
inclusion, as well as helping newbies to find their own way in complex and
sometimes not very friendly projects. I am very interested in the way Fedora is
doing this, with a clear defined process and very admirative of the Fedora
Badges.

I have had a few friends telling me how "fedorable" this community was, but
since I was invited at the Fedora week of diversity last October, I have felt
very shy because I am not a coder. Someone proposed that I translate docs, and
I first I thought it would be pretty boring for an unpaid activity. But then as
I do want to use free software more, and learn Python, I thought I could manage
a win win approach by first translating  documents that a newbie would stumble
upon when joining your community.

Apart from that I love reading (sci fi and feminist stuff above all), swimming
and kayak, and playing Animal Crossing.

I look forward to knowing more about Fedora!