On 2016-04-07 5:26, Alex Castillo acr_k...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
wrote:
> I've no doubt this is a bug for the linux release. It should be
> filtering the string literals before doing the conversion as it does
> on Windows.

I don't think it is a bug. Firebird supports the SQL standard
ISO-8601(-ish) format for date and time, and in addition it supports a
number of conversions that are supported by the platform (and may depend
on regional settings). This means that except for the format mandated by
the SQL standard, you shouldn't expect anything else (and everything
else that does work is nice to have).

The format in your initial question BTW as "10:00:00 a.m.  ", even on
Windows I suspect this will fail if your locale is set to a 24 hour
clock (but I haven't tried).

> The way I've solved was by creating a global temporary table and
> copying the values from a view, converting the varchar to time. So
> now, when I perform DATA + TIME = TIMESTAMP in a right way. This is
> not optimal, but it does work meantime the issue can be evaluated by
> the firebird team.

Did you create a ticket in the tracker? Otherwise nothing is going to
happen.

Mark
  • [firebird-support] ... Alex Castillo acr_k...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebird-... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]