Hi Fabian,

Is is ready for production, but migration process in not just backup/restore (it was never so in older versions, but it worked relatively well due to high backward incompatibility) - it requires thorough check of triggers, stored procedures, data itself and ad hoc queries.

When we do migration for our clients, we use our automation tools which ensure that we have traced all problematic queries before going to production. I don't think it's possible to do such checking manually in case of big enough system - and comments in this thread confirm it.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon
http://ib-aid.com/en/firebird-database-migration/

Hi All

We have a multi-user, multi-company, cloud based system running with
Firebird 2.54 as the main database, with about 100 concurrent connections.
We are considering migrating to FB 3.0 to take advantaje of the SMP
architecture, we have a 32 core / processors server, so we are hopping to
see an increased performance. We also have the need to set up online
replication.
Would anyone be able to advise if it it too soon to jump into FB 3.0 for
production? And if the performance increase would be enough to make the
upgrade worth considering 3.0 has not been around for long yet, and may be
"taking too much risk" to move into it so soon? And regarding the
replication, any advise on what product may be the right choice?

Cheers
Fabian

  • [f... Fabian Ernesto Chocron fabia...@itbizolutions.com.au [firebird-support]
    • ... p...@royston.com [firebird-support]