Ann

> I might also have mentioned that sharing caches and other internal structures
> between simultaneous threads is one challenge.

So the above mentioned changes have been implemented in FB3. And the was
referred as true SMP in the white papers about FB3. Correct?

> Distributing queries across processors is another and totally different
> challenge. The Firebird developers were wise (in my opinion) to take the
> challenges one at a time.

And the above mentioned task was not implemented in FB3.0, Correct? Do you know
if it planned to be implemented in FB 4.0?

Don't take me wrong, I am very happy about Firebird's quality and performance,
I was just expecting the hole SMP issue to be resolved or enhanced in FB 3.0,
hence my surprise when I did not see the hole CPUs jumping on a query.

Cheers,
Fabian