Hi Hugo,

In HQbird, we monitor size and age of delta files.
If it is bigger or older than appropriate size/age (like 500Mb/6 hours, for example), the database is marked as critical in Control Center. You can implement the same - the status of the database and path to delta file can be retrieved from the database.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin

Hello,

Is there a way to ask a database if someone is performing a nbackup?

If it's in "the physical backup mode".

I'm always paranoid if there is a power failure during a backup and it gets stuck in that mode and I would like it to recover from such situation.
We have many hundreds of installations and it's difficult to monitor all.

Firebird 2.5 on Windows

BR,
Hugo

  • [firebird-supp... hugo.lar...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]