Hi Hugo,

Yes, in this case you can check MON$ tables.
Please note that in case of many connections query to MON$ can consume significant resources.

How do you recover if  it's stuck?

nbackup -n

>I noticed that the larger the database is the longer it takes to do nbackup even if the delta is very small.

In 2.5 nbackup of any level scans the whole database file.
Consider to migrate to 3.0 to take advantage of nbackup improvements

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon
www.ib-aid.com

Hi Alexey,

In my case the database is seldom larger 500 MB and the backup takes 30 maximum seconds.

Would it not be sufficient to check the MON$BACKUP_STATE field (thanks Thomas) and if its stuck on state 1 or 2 for several minutes then I execute "ALTER DATABASE END BACKUP".
How do you recover if it's stuck?

I noticed that the larger the database is the longer it takes to do nbackup even if the delta is very small.

BR,

hugo

  • [firebird-supp... hugo.lar...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Alexey Kovyazin a...@ib-aid.com [firebird-support]