Hi,

For 6 months of fees of powerful Azure VM you can buy the whole server.
I don't know if they charge for IO rounds, like Amazon - there IO adds a huge $$ to the bill.

If you want your database hosted and be reliable and safe - rent 2 servers with SSD in Hetzner and install asynchronous replication between them (with 1 minute sync).
The main server like this
https://www.hetzner.de/ot/hosting/produkte_rootserver/dx141
and replica like this
https://www.hetzner.de/ot/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex51ssd

It will cost you ~200 EUR/month totally and you'll get approximately 5 times cheaper than Azure.

If you need more details - we did such things for one of our client recently, it can be even cheaper, than 200/month.

Regards,
Alexey