Hi,

We're in need of a tool where we can author sequences of SQL queries against FB and non-DB commands like file operations etc. I'd like to call them "batch runs" to perform recurring tasks.

Do you know of such tools or what that kind of tool would be called in general?

We need to be able to schedule some runs. Others need to be triggered by e.g. the appearance of a file in a local or FTP/SFTP folder. Yet others need to be executed ad hoc, i.e. started manually.

We also need to be able to enter conditions/checks between each step, to check results, e.g. reasonable number of affected records, and bail out or at least send a warning e-mail message to me if something goes wrong or looks suspicious.

Regards,
Kjell
--

Marknadsinformation logotyp