https://www.ib-aid.com/en/articles/45-ways-to-speed-up-firebird-database/

Regards,
Alexey

On 15.08.2017 19:50, anderphil...@hotmail.com [firebird-support] wrote:

Hi, I have a strange problem which is probably quite obvious to someone. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

We run a site connected to a Firebird database, its only about 700MB in size. We have started running into a regular slowdown of the site and have narrowed it down to the database.

The site runs very slowly (7000ms to 8000ms response times) when usually it is in the 2000-3000 region.

The odd thing I have discovered is that the site works at normal speed, IF I run a SELECT on a couple of the tables in FlameRobin and keep them open and the transcations uncommited.

The differnce in the web app response time goes from 2000-3000ms to 7000ms-8000ms just a couple of seconds after commiting the transactions and closing flame robin. Opening them again and running the select will bring the app response time right down.

In Process Monitor fbserver.exe uses only roughly 50,000k which seems quite low and the server still has over 62% ram free.

The server specs are:

4x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz

physical memory    : 4096 MB

7gb disk free

Firebird 2.5.3 x64 super server

Windows 2008 R2

iis 8.5

The application is a remobjects server connected to a ISAPI dll.

We are running a (perhaps out of date) optimised flamerobin.conf file.

Here are the non hashed lines:

DefaultDbCachePages = 384

TempBlockSize = 2048576

TempCacheLimit = 77108864

LockMemSize = 7048576

LockHashSlots = 30011

CpuAffinityMask = 15

I have tried increasing the DefaultDbCachePages to 9999 and it did not make a difference

Any help appreciated.

Thankyou

Regards

Philip