Hi, I have a strange problem which is probably quite obvious to someone.  If
anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

 We run a site connected to a Firebird database, its only about 700MB in size.
We have started running into a regular slowdown of the site and have narrowed
it down to the database.

 The site runs very slowly (7000ms to 8000ms response times) when usually it is
in the 2000-3000 region.

 The odd thing I have discovered is that the site works at normal speed, IF I
run a SELECT on a couple of the tables in FlameRobin and keep them open and the
transcations uncommited.

 The differnce in the web app response time goes from 2000-3000ms to
7000ms-8000ms just a couple of seconds after commiting the transactions and
closing flame robin. Opening them again and running the select will bring the
app response time right down.

 In Process Monitor fbserver.exe uses only roughly 50,000k which seems quite
low and the server still has over 62% ram free.

 The server specs are:

 4x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
 physical memory    : 4096 MB
 7gb disk free

 Firebird 2.5.3 x64 super server
 Windows 2008 R2
 iis 8.5

 The application is a remobjects server connected to a ISAPI dll.

 We are running a (perhaps out of date) optimised flamerobin.conf file.

 Here are the non hashed lines:

 DefaultDbCachePages = 384
 TempBlockSize = 2048576
 TempCacheLimit = 77108864
 LockMemSize = 7048576
 LockHashSlots = 30011
 CpuAffinityMask = 15

 I have tried increasing the DefaultDbCachePages to 9999 and it did not make a
difference

 Any help appreciated.

 Thankyou

 Regards