Od: peshk...@mail.ru [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Komu: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Datum: 6. 12. 2017 10:48:27
Předmět: Re: [firebird-support] Re: lock denied...
"

First of all regarding yesterday file. Unfortunately "Non-text portions of
thAT message have been removed". So please upload that file to any public
file-sharing you better like (except yandex & mail.ru). Sorry for
inconveniences - that's not me who invited yahoo interface...

> But you should write me what and where must be configured to obtain some
error dumps when it falls down.

Install appropriate debug info (in our builds it's always placed as a pair
for binary package). After it adding BugcheckAbort=1 to firebird.conf should
be enough. And get ready that this may be a long process - may be I will
have to send you some special builds with additional debugging.

> Because firebird didn't restarted itself since yesterday afternoon then I'
ll have to restart it manually to enable legacy authentication.

That's bad solution but that's your solution. That backward compatibility
feature was kept in firebird for such cases.

>Together with this change I'm thinking about moving firebird temp dir to
tmpfs because I've read on some IBSurgeon pages that it might improve
perfomance.
>(In my Debian Stretch directory /run seems suitable for this.)
>Do you think it's really worth it?

That highly depends upon RAM usage on your box. If you have enough RAM -
that's useful, if not - may cause performance degradation.

Also please provide info about your kernel, libc and libstdc++ versions.

"