Hello Rudi,

Usually, queries with the dozens of millions of index operations are responsible for high CPU usage. You can find them with HQbird MonLogger: get snapshot during the high CPU peak, open it, open tab Statements (disable check "Link to selected attachment"), and sort on record_idx_reads.
If there are many records - Remove prepared
The queries with the highest numbers of record_idx_reads are those which responsible for high CPU usage.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon