From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-supp...@yahoogroups..com]
Sent: Wednesday, 09 October, 2019 08:17
To: Nagy Szilveszter nagy_szilvesz...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Scaling Firebird - Azure

Hello,

In short words, Azure sucks, its so called Premium SSD is worse than the
cheapest consumer grade ssd.

Try Google Cloud or Amazon, or Hetzner.

Regards,

Alexey Kovyazin

IBSurgeon

пн, 7 окт. 2019 г., 0:20 Rune Horneland rune.hornel...@kravia.net
<mailto:rune.hornel...@kravia.net>  [firebird-support]
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com <mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> >:

Hi,

We are running Firebird 2 in an Azure VM. It can only take so much in terms of
concurrent connections.

What top-level advice would you give to scale this?

We are connecting to it from a .NET core Middleware using Azure VMs.

The architecture of the middleware is quite monolithic. We are considering
rewriting it with Microservices and Azure functions or similar architecure, but
are unsure how we could scale the Firebird DB or connections itself.

Multiple casehandlers in our company use it via a Delphi-based Windows
application at the other end, with a vendor maintaining the Firebird DB and
Windows app development, so we are locked into using Firebird.

RUNE HORNELAND
CTO

  • [firebird-supp... Rune Horneland rune.hornel...@kravia.net [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Alex Castillo acr_k...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]